Thursday, June 28, 2012

On the Street Where You Live

Down the street before, 
But the pavement always 
Stayed beneath my feet before. 
All at once am I 
Several stories high, 
Knowing I'm on the street where you live. 


Are there lilac trees 
In the heart of town? 
 Can you hear a lark in any other part of town? 
Does enchantment pour 
Out of every door? 
No, it's just on the street where you live. 
And oh, the towering feeling 
Just to know somehow you are near 
The overpowering feeling 
That any second you may suddenly appear. 
People stop and stare 
They don't bother me, 
For there's no where else on earth 
That I would rather be. 
Let the time go by, 
I won't care if I
Can be here on the street where you live. 




Linking to Thursday Theme Song

15 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Great song, Linda! And your photos are perfect. Happy Thursday!

Kranky Granny said...

You finally got a song I actually know. It is from one of my all time favorite movies.

Love the photos you choose to go with it. The last couple of the people in costume really added a lot to the
lyrics.

Pix at Under the Oaks said...

I love that song Linda! And your pictures are a treat. Those lilacs!!!

Nancy said...

This is such an endearing post, Linda. Beautiful shots. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Pretty photos! I know the title of that song, but don't know that I've ever heard it.

Hootin Anni said...

How can you ever forgive me when I say it again........you've outdone yourself!!!? I come here always in high anticipation and just know you come up with a wonderful post. I know, I know, I always say this, but it's true. You're a marvel.

FANtastic photos.

EG CameraGirl said...

The lyrics are magical and you've chosen wonderful photos to accompany them.

Simon said...

You always make these songs "sing" even more. Perfectly done...again.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Love this song also Linda, excellent matchup with images and I definitely must be on the lookout for a lilac tree, soooo gorgeous!

TexWisGirl said...

that's neat. i like the period costumes, too.

Lighthousegal said...

What a great post. Love the costumes and all the beautiful houses in the photos. Well Done!!
Happy Thursday!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

A great song and wonderful pictures to go with it!

Kay L. Davies said...

A song I've known since forever, sung by a singer I've never heard before (fabulous voice) and illustrated perfectly by your photos...what a treat!
K

kayerj said...

fun post today.

Carletta said...

I love this song. The old songs are some of the best.
Lovely post Linda!