Saturday, February 25, 2012

All Things Bright and Beautiful

"All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small;
All things wise and wonderful,
The Lord God made them all."

I am posting early because I head back home tomorrow morning...Another week has passed, and I found another hymn that inspired me as a youngster.  I have enjoyed going back through that old hymnal and singing through those songs.  There were so many photos I had that would fit the words - I had a hard time choosing!

Creatures great...
and small...

Creatures wise
 and wonderful...



Blessings to you and yours on this glorious day!



Linking to Spiritual Sunday.

11 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

what a great mix of photos. love that owl!!!

Kathy said...

And I love the lion!

Pamela said...

I love that song, too. Your pictures are amazing. My husband just returned from Africa and has pictures of lions a few feet away (and he was in an open jeep)! You just can't beat the creativity of our God!

Rose ~ from Oz said...

LInda, that owl was just amazing - totally gorgeous. They are such beautiful and unusual birds. Thanks for sharing these pics!

Dianna said...

The pictures are perfect for the words to that hymn.
Enjoy your Sunday - safe travels back home!

Pix at Under the Oaks said...

Great collection of pictures for your hymn "All Things Bright and Beautiful'! Have w wonderful Sunday Linda! I second safe travels!

Hootin Anni said...

Linda....Linda...this is so super. So inspirational! I think you should attempt another hymn for next week's Thursday Theme Song meme and link up!!

Beautiful images, wonderful verse from your hymnal [I had my old one from Sunday School --long ago....now I'm wondering just what happened to it!?!!]

Thanks for your kind words today. And please, if you know a secret on how to get rid of all the 'junk' and consolidate to become freed of it...let me in on it, okay?

DeniseinVA said...

This is one of my favorite hymns too, always has been from the time I remember singing it as a little girl. Lovely photos, well matched with those beautiful words.

Jan n Jer said...

Love that hymn too! Great photos to match the words!

eileeninmd said...

A lovely hymn and I love all the creatures. The owl is really cute. I hope you have a great week ahead.

Charlotte said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures with us. I enjoyed all the beautiful posts starting with the flowers.
Thank you for sharing on Spiritual Sundays.
Blessings,
Charlotte