Anyway, the "requirements" for the award are to share some interesting facts about yourself, and then to pass it along. So, here are the facts - I will leave it up to the reader to decide if they are interesting!
- I was a church musician - organist, pianist, choir director for more years than I care to remember! Okay, I started playing for church when I was 12...and I retired from church music when I was 57. I really can remember that far back!
- I played keyboards with 2 gospel groups - and recorded 2 CDs. The last group was a duo, and we traveled from Virginia to Ohio once to do a concert, and also played in Greensboro, NC. We regularly traveled to Maryland to do a coffeehouse gig. Unfortunately, there is not a lot of money in playing coffeehouses!
- I have been featured in our local Virginian-Pilot newspaper twice - once for Father's Day in 1996 - with a photo of my dad and me, and once for Mother's Day 2 years ago - with a photo of me with the angel that hangs outside my front door.
- Most everyone who is a regular reader will know this fact: I raised 4 sons (one son died in 2000, just before his 29th birthday), and have 5 grandsons. I couldn't get a girl, even if I tried to buy one (I even tried changing husbands since I heard that it is the man who determines the sex - that didn't work either!)! But, I love the boys...all of them!
- I am the Treasurer of my Photography club. Last year I took 1st place in the annual scavenger hunt photo contest. This year, I took 2nd place in the monthly challenge "Urban Landscapes". My photo was also selected for the city of Norfolk's Top 10 Photos contest (until they realized I had taken the Portsmouth side of the bridge instead of the Norfolk side...picky, picky!)
- Dan and I met through Yahoo Personals in 2006 - and discovered we had not only lived within a mile of each other for many years, but that our kids had gone to school together, and the best friend of Dan's daughter had a crush on my #2 son when they were in 7th grade!
- Finally, (did I hear a sigh of relief?), I am learning to draw and paint - oils and watercolors. I am not sure any of my work will be worthy of hanging in a museum, but my #2 grandson asked me to paint a covered bridge for him after he saw the one I had done for myself - and he recognized it when I gave it to him! And, my youngest was able to identify, without much thinking, the sketches I did this week of the egg and the apple on a white sheet of paper. That works for me!
Whew! That was a lot of thinking! Now for the passing-it-on part! Quite a few of the blogs I follow are award-free, which makes it even more difficult to pass these awards on. However, I am nominating the following for several reasons. Each of them contribute to my daily routine in such a positive way. Some are craft-focused, some are photo-focused, and some are just a breath of fresh air! In no particular order, they are:
Thanks again, Dianna! I know this has been a wordy blog, but I wanted to do the award justice!