Thursday, August 2, 2012

Back In Your Own Back Yard

(Note:  Due to an article I recently read, thanks to my friend, Jenn, at Cottage Country Reflections, I have felt it necessary to change some words in my Thursday Theme Song posts, so I don't run afoul of any copyright laws.  Hopefully, I have changed enough to avoid prosecution, but not so much as to ruin the flow of the song.)

The bird with feathers of blue is waiting for you...
  Back in your own back yard.
 You'll see your castle in Spain Ireland through your windowpane
 Back in your own back yard.
Oh, you can go to the East lake,
Go to the West farm
But someday you'll come...Weary at heart back where you started from.
You'll find your happiness lies right under your eyes
Back in your own back front yard!

(In case you are too young to know this song...here is a link to listen:  Billie Holliday sings Back in Your Own Backyard.)

Linking to Thursday Theme Song.

15 comments:

Elizabeth Edwards said...

love the late view. wow!! great shots. (:

Elizabeth Edwards said...

lake view. nuts. too early. ha. ha!! (:

Hootin Anni said...

Oh boy....this was another super one. Yep, you tend to give our age away with your song choices.

I've been thinking about the copyright laws too these days. And I'm doing some research on it. But, then, how on earth can just sharing lyrics would do harm...I'd think they'd be happy to know we're giving them promotions. LOL ---thing is, YouTube is also breaking the copyright laws then also. And a whole slew of other lyric sites you come upon.

Needless to say, LOVE your images. Now where is this castle?!!!

Hootin Anni said...

ps....you've got an email from me.

TexWisGirl said...

that's sweet, linda. :)

Jan n Jer said...

I think that law only holds if you are making a profit off of the same words. Could be wrong...anyway...these are great pics and I love the ones of your grandsons, soooo cute!

Brian King said...

Great shots for this, Linda! That castle on the island is very cool!

Lighthousegal said...

I was not familiar with the song, but enjoyed listening to it. Your photos are spot on for the song, as always! That is quite a handsome crew in the pool shot. Great Job!
Happy Thursday!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Great photos to go with the song!

My Mind's Eye said...

Billie Holliday was indeed a song bird!! Lovely Photos.
Hugs Madi and Mom

Nancy said...

Great version and the images you chose are wonderful. xo

EG CameraGirl said...

LOVE that castle! I bet it would be fun to explore!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Beautiful images to go with the words to the song Linda, and yes more often than not the grass IS greener in your own backyard.

Kay L. Davies said...

I didn't change as many words as you did, probably because I just read about the copyright thing this morning. I'll have to bear it in mind.
Meanwhile, I love your photos and words to this grand old song. The picture of all the little boys in the pool is just wonderful.
K

Kranky Granny said...

To quote Lawrence Welk....Wonda full, simply Wonda full.