Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Brrrrrrr!


There is nothing quite so wonderful as traveling, enjoying the sights along the way.  And, for me, nothing quite so terrifying as having to travel through the snow!  This photo was shot from a moving vehicle, traveling through West Virginia yesterday...not a very good one because the hand that was holding the camera was shaking with fear! 


Unfortunately, my anxiety makes my hubby crazy, so I tried to amuse myself with taking photos with my little Sony Cybershot through the windows.  The car windows were dirty, there was constant spashing from passing vehicles, and temperatures in the teens, so having a clear shot was impossible, unless I braved the cold and lowered the window!

Amazingly, if that is even a word, about 5 miles into Virginia, the snow disappeared, and the sun was shining!  The windows were still dirty, and it was still bitterly cold and windy, but the sight of bare ground, in my home state, was wonderful to behold!


Home again, and happy to be here!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it home safely. We have traveled through West Virginia in snow before....and it's not fun!

don said...

A nice series showing how you emerged from the snow to your home area where sun and earth were more normal.

Rose said...

I like all these shots...but that last is really beautiful.