Monday, January 16, 2012

Monday Mural

Today, I deviate from my self-imposed "1 post a day" rule, to participate in a new meme - Monday Mural.  I couldn't resist, since I have visited the "Town of Murals" in Lake Placid, Florida several times, and we have many lovely murals in my area.

So, to be a part of something relatively new, and find new friends, here is my offering for today (which comes from neither place I just mentioned).

This very long mural is along one road at Mountainloft, in Gatlinburg, TN.

Difficult to do it justice without a panaroma lens (which I now have, alas, too late!)

Peaceful scene, beautiful artwork!

Happy Monday Mural!

9 comments:

Andy said...

What a beautiful mural you captured without a panaroma lens. It is full of detail.

VioletSky said...

Wow! Interesting to see a mural along a retaining wall - but it would slow drivers!

eileeninmd said...

It is a beautiful mural, I have been to Gatlinburg before it is a wonderful place to visit along with the Smoky Mtn Park. Great post and photos.

Francisca said...

What a beautiful mural painting... it fits the environment perfectly!

onespoiledcat said...

Awesome mural....as an artist I can appreciate how much WORK goes into a project like this. WOW.

Pam

thesedaysofmine.com said...

That is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Oakland Daily Photo said...

A beautiful mural; perfect for the setting. We were just in Gatlinburg but I didn't see this. And you know I would have noticed.

Thanks for joining us on this maiden launch of the Monday Mural meme. Francisca, Andy, and VioletSky started a grassroots meme and now its official. I look forward to more contributions, especially from your state of Florida.

Dorian Susan said...

You found a huge mural...glad you broke your 1 per day rule for this.

Gemma Wiseman said...

So lyrically beautiful and unscathed by alternative markings!