So, after much thought, I have listed the Top 10 Things I Love About Motherhood!
10. I am always needed - even by grown men!
9. Looking at these grown men and realizing that I gave them life gives me a strong sense of fulfillment.
8. Sometimes one of them is around to help with things I can't do.
7. They were really useful for running errands! (Although more so before they were married and moved out)
6. One son is a car sales manager and has always "steered" me to great vehicles!
5. One son is a contractor and is great at making modifications on our home.
4. One son is a telecommunications engineer and computer expert who helps when I have computer problems.
3. All the boys know how to say "I love you".
2. All 3 sons married girls who have become the daughters I never had.
1. My sons gave me grandchildren - 5 grandsons - who are more precious than life to me, and a great reward for not killing them when they made me crazy!
There you have it - my reasons for loving motherhood! I have to admit, when I tried to get this photo of the 5 boys this Christmas, I was reminded of the difficulty in getting 5 little boys between the ages of 4 and 7 to conform...at least all at the same time! One was always doing something with their hands, looking somewhere else, or making a funny face. At first I was annoyed that the photos weren't "perfect"...then I realized that the photo represented who they really are, and as such, was absolutely perfect in every way!