Friday, April 20, 2012

Rural Fences

Since I posted about my "city fence", I thought it only fitting that I pay homage to the true working fences...the rural fence!


This first one is courtesy of DJ, my other half...last night, he was going through his photos and organizing them (no way does his method make sense to me - I would never be able to find anything - ever!) and he casually asked if I had this one.  Of course, I had never seen it before - he took it on one of HIS photo trips - so he sent it to me, and I am using it!  I do believe that is a barn in the right corner...anyway, thanks!

These next two are definitely working fences...sortof...

Not sure this fence would keep anyone out!

This one either...

But then again, I'm not sure they WANT to keep anyone out!  These were taken on a very rainy day, when we were completing the Kentucky Bourbon Trail. 


Linking to Friday's Fences.

17 comments:

Pix at Under the Oaks said...

Good Morning Linda! I really like the top shot fence. Makes me want to walk down thru there or ride a horse thru there, that would be fun! Like the little barn too!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

love the straight shot down the fence line ... great shots. do they give samples? ha. ha!! (:

Dianna said...

Thanks to your hubby for volunteering his photo! It's funny that Friday's Fences has me on the look-out for fences, just like barns because of Barn Charm.
Have a good Friday - and a good weekend. Stay dry!

Tanya Breese said...

oh we took the jim beam tour! it's a good one!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I love fences, especially old chippy picket ones. My only request, "Don't fence me in"! lol!
Hugs,
Jann

TexWisGirl said...

liked your comments on the bourbon trail. :) and that first shot is beautiful, so thanks for sharing.

LindyLouMac said...

Calling by as another Friday Fences participant, interesting rural fences.

Jan n Jer said...

The first shot is very inviting. Kudos to your Hubby. The bourbon trail looks very scenic, nice shots!

gtyyup said...

Yes, the first shot is very inviting. LOL...no the Jim Beam people probably don't want to keep anybody out!!

Dianne said...

I love that long long fence

Amy Burzese said...

Great shot!

Red said...

I think the second two fences are for looks only. But I like all three fences especially the first one.

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Yes, the first shot is marvellous!

Unknown said...

Love the leading lines of the first shot.

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda! I like that LOOOOOONG shot on the first photo - quite a trek from beginning to end...bet that bourbon trail was a FUN trip!

Pam (and Sam)

EG CameraGirl said...

I like that walkway between two fences photo. Isn't it nice that your other half shares his photos with you?

Kranky Granny said...

I'm catching up after being gone for a week.

I love the first shot. We have so many places around here with literally a mile or more of fences and I have never been able to capture the expansiveness of them.

You did that with this shot.