Thursday, February 9, 2012

Knock, Knock. Who's There?

For the last 18 months, hubby and I have looked at doors - front doors - trying to decide agree on a door.  We have looked and deliberated, discussed and discussed (translate that "argued").  First we couldn't agree on the shape of the glass.  I was tired of the solid wood door with the little window at the top.  I wanted glass - decorative glass - so I could enjoy some light in our dark hallway.  Then, when we finally agreed on an oval glass, we had to agree on the color of the door.  We have a brick home, but it is not a dark brick, so I wanted a light door.  Hubby wanted a dark, burgundy-looking door.  We finally brought the door book home and matched the color to the brick and the trim.  Whew!  Who knew it would be so difficult to buy a door!
 
So, the door was purchased, my son installed it while we were out of town, and I am delighted!  It even throws some really neat shadows on the wall when the sun shines through it.

 But, this wasn't supposed to be about the door, rather who was at the front door.  Here's the thing - now I can see who is at the front door, without opening it!  And the first person that came through my new front door was my youngest grandson - all smiles and hugs for his grandmom!

Of course, his Papa Dan had to encourage him with making faces...he copies everything his Papa does.

 It just doesn't get any better than this!



Linking to Mama Kat's.

10 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hi Linda, I love your new door. I would like one just like it too. Your grandson is adorable, faces and all. Very cute! I wish you a great day.

Dianna said...

Love the door, and what an adorable little boy. As the old saying goes, I bet you "could just eat him with a spoon"!

Pix at Under the Oaks said...

Linda what a handsome sweet face you have there at your new door! He is darling! Great door too! I hate picking anything out for the house, decisions drive me crazy :)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Beautiful new door, gorgeous grandson..you're right Linda, it's all good!

Tiffany Barry said...

Aww! Stopping by from Mama Kat's to see the sweetest little face ever!

... And I love the door you argued over, er, decided on! :p

Tiffany at Mom's Daily Zen
http://www.momsdailyzen.com

Ashley Sisk said...

I bet that was a challenge but I like who you went with and your grandson is adorable.

Anonymous said...

Very nice door choice! Love the light it throws into your hallway. What a nice surprise that the first person through your new door was your cutie-pie grandson!

Pam (and Sam)

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Nice choice- and your grand is a sweetie!

Misty DawnS said...

Your grandson is MAJOR adorable!!! Ummm, did you notice that the shadows cast from your door make the face of an alien? That is super cool!

KatBouska said...

I have a hard time picking out ANYTHING for the house...I mean...it's gonna be there FOREVER right?

And that little guy walking through it? Adorable!