Monday, February 27, 2012

More Monday Murals

Another installment in the Lake Placid Mural journey.





.These are all from the mural entitled "Lake Placid Country Fair".

The completed size of this mural is 108 feet wide and 18 feet high!   It celebrates the Lake Placid Country Fair that has been held every year on the Saturday and Sunday of the first full weekend in Frbruary.  It began in 1966 with a handful of like minded people who wanted to show their work. 

One thing I never mentioned about this town of murals is that in many of the murals, something is hidden for you to find.  In this one, there is someone that "everyone will recognize".  I wasn't sure I found it...or him.  But that is part of the fun of the murals!

Stay tuned for more from the interesting Town of Murals!

Linking to Monday Murals.

13 comments:

Dianna said...

Those are beautiful - I bet it's fun, (but time consuming!) to try to find the hidden object in each one.

Hootin Anni said...

My gosh...these are incredible images. I especially like the train coming right towards me.

Hootin Anni said...

ps...okay I had to enlarge them to search for a hidden object ---have no clue whatsoever.

Louis la Vache said...

Excellent! It would be fun to try to find the hidden object.

«Louis» thanks you for visiting San Francisco Bay Daily Photo.

Jan n Jer said...

These are just stunning...how fun to find the hiddne object!

TexWisGirl said...

i like the country air of this a lot! and how fun to hide someone in it. :)

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

This is a very busy mural...so much to take in. Nice!

biebkriebels said...

It is a great piece of work with lots to see, but a hidden him or it, that is a bit to much for me. You will have tot give more clues.

My name is Riet said...

that is really beautiful. Fun to find the hidden project

RedPat said...

What a great town to wander about in!

Oakland Daily Photo said...

Wow! They do not believe in doing anything small in Lake Placid. I'm amazed at the size of this thing. The naïve style seems perfect for a country fair. I searched too for the hidden surprise, but couldn't find it. If you know, let us in on the secret. In the meantime, I thank you for participating in this week's Monday Mural.

VioletSky said...

I like the idea of trying to find someone in each one. It seems a great way to really involve the community.

The idea of a country fair in the first weekend on February sounds odd to my ears, but I bet it is warm enough down there!

Pix at Under the Oaks said...

Linda all these murals are awesome! I will have to come back and look for the hidden. I do see a picture taker in the last one!